It is best practice to ensure a job has a confirmed schedule before arriving to complete the work. Review how to schedule an opportunity HERE.
If a schedule has not been confirmed through the Worksmith platform but the work has been completed, you can still mark the job complete while in the Scheduling Status.
- Navigate to your Dashboard tab located in the left column. Locate the desired opportunity and click on Take Action to see further detail.
- Locate the Actions drop-down on the right-hand side of your Estimate Details section. Select Mark Job Complete
- Enter the Completion Date to confirm the date the work occurred. You will be asked to fill out at least one of the following: Summary of Work Completed, Completion Photos, and/or Completion Report. You may also outline your own Invoice / Job Reference number.
- Select Complete Job. By completing the job you have begun the invoicing process.
- Payment can be tracked using your Invoices tab.
You MUST mark an opportunity complete within 24 hours of the completion date.
Please be aware that completing work before a schedule is confirmed could result in the client not being available when you arrive and you may be sent away to return at a later time, at no additional expense.